We had hoped that by July, when we start in person retreats, the existing Covid rules would have ended, and retreats could proceed much as they had done in the past. Sadly, this is not the case and based upon the current Welsh Government rules this is our current guidance to people coming on retreat here. Please read all the information carefully.
- There is always going to be a level of Covid-19 risk when mixing with others, so the first thing is to check if you feel able and ready to come on retreat, bearing in mind the well-being of yourself and others.
Please do not book if:
- You are unable to be on the work rota. This is due to the smaller number of retreatants and extra hygiene/sanitising jobs that will need to be done on the retreat.
- If you would have to come by public transport. Sadly, we are not able to pick people up from the bus and Vajraloka is a considerable distance from any bus stop. In addition, it is difficult to get a taxi in this area.
- Please take a lateral flow test before leaving on the day you travel to Vajraloka and bring another with you to use on the second day of the retreat. If the first test is positive, do not travel but let us know you are unable to attend, and remain at home and self-isolate.
- Lateral flow tests are available free of charge. You can order them online in Wales or in England collect them at pharmacies
- Please arrive by your own transport.
COVID-19 precautions in the retreat centre:
- Ventilation: Good ventilation has been shown to be very important in minimising the risk of C-19 transmission. Therefore, please bring plenty of warm layers with you as the windows will be open even if the temperatures are cool outside.
- Social Distancing: We will be following social distancing guidelines. This means maintaining, wherever possible, a 2-metre distance between people inside or outside the retreat centre. We have more than halved the number of places available on retreats to just eight to make this possible.
- Hand washing/sanitising: You will need to wash or sanitise your hands regularly throughout the day especially before making drinks and serving food. Hand sanitisers are placed throughout the retreat centre.
- Face coverings: Following Welsh government guidelines you will need to wear a 3 – layer face-covering in communal areas within the retreat centre. The only exceptions are when eating or drinking, when seated in your place in the shrine room, or in small group discussions where face coverings may be removed in order to facilitate discussion as long as 1+ / 2m social distancing is in place, and free ventilation via open windows is maintained. Visors are not adequate.
- Those leading the sessions on retreats will not wear a face covering while teaching, but they will ensure they are over 2m from the nearest person.
- Please bring several face-coverings with you and hand sanitiser for your own use.
How will it work in different areas?
- Bedrooms: You will have your own bedroom.
- Bathrooms and WC’s: You will be sharing an allocated bathroom with just one other retreatant. Only one person can use the bathroom at any one time. These areas will be well ventilated and regularly cleaned.
- Shrine room: You will be allocated a place in the shrine room. All places will be 2 metres apart. Once you are seated in your place you can remove your face covering.
- Dining room: All place settings will be two meters apart. Weather permitting, you are welcome to eat outside.
What if I become ill with COVID 19 symptoms on retreat?
- If you become ill with any Covid 19 symptoms you must let the retreat team know immediately and self-isolate in your room. We will ask you to return home, take a Covid test, and let Vajraloka know the results. If that test is positive, we will contact Test and Trace and will be required to release everyone’s personal contact information to them.
- Please get in touch with us and DO NOT ATTEND the retreat if at the time your retreat commences, you:
- Live in an area where Government lock-down restrictions are currently in place. With ongoing uncertainty around overseas travel, Vajraloka cannot currently recommend those outside the UK to book. Hopefully, this will change soon.
- Have any COVID symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with COVID symptoms (a new continuous cough, a high temperature and loss of or change in taste or smell) or a positive COVID test in the 14 days prior to the start of the retreat.
The government guidance frequently changes, so we will be regularly updating this page.
Precautions may be different to what is described here by the time your retreat comes around.
Thank you and well done for getting through all this information!
Please note that these current rules are due for review around 20th July, and if there are changes we will post again according to the situation then. If you have booked on a retreat after the 20th July, we will contact you directly with details.
Despite all this we hope you are as excited as we are that Vajraloka is opening to retreatants once again and we are very much looking forward to co-creating a held and welcoming space with you in warmth and friendship.
The Vajraloka Team
Updated on 21 June 2021